The Top 5 Reasons Why Continuing Education Is Worth the Effort
Continuing education in today’s tight job market is necessary if you want to gain the competitive edge, increase your chances for a higher income, and to become an expert in your area of expertise.
Here are the top five reasons why:
1. Even if you have not had a chance to gain the experience, having a college degree or technical certification will speak volumes about your personal character, it will impress your employer, and certainly give you the competitive edge over your peers who have not taken the time to continue their education. In today’s highly competitive job market, what you bring today the table in the way of education, training and of course experience speaks volumes.
2. A simple high school diploma in today’s job market is not enough, especially if you are plan to climb the corporate ladder of success, demand top dollar for your expertise and truly excel in the job market, this is one of the primary reasons why continuing education is a must. You must show your employer that you are ready, willing, and able to take the next step by continuing to advance your educational standing that you are willing to “bite the bullet” and not stop until you get a Degree, Masters Degree or technical certification.
3. Once you have earned your degree, don’t stop, always look for an opportunity to take various certification and self improvement courses, it will make your resume stand out from the crowd and show your employer that you are always eager and ready to learn more. Employers will be more incline to send you to training courses when they see that you are investing in yourself.
4. Become an expert in your field of study, you can do this through research, doing special projects and studies, writing magazines articles in your field of expertise, part-time teaching at junior colleges and universities, volunteering to share your expertise by teaching it to others. In other words, take advantage of any and every opportunity to hone your skills and stay up-to-date in the state of the art. This will show that you have the ability to study and work independently, that you can be trusted to work alone on special projects, that you will work well as part of a group, and that you have the ability to research as well as communicate with others.
5. By continuing your higher education, you will also have many new transferable skills that will be useful in the modern workplace, no matter what you study. Today’s high tech market place will require that you stay up-to-par on the latest technological advancements. It’s not enough to think critically, you must be able to take the information and apply it to various work environments. Continuing your education is the catalyst to help you gain the critical thinking skills and technical savvy you need to exceed.
Once you earn your degree, you will have a great sense of personal accomplishment, now you are able to further excel in your career or even change your career in pursuit of more lucrative job opportunities. It is now your chance to earn more money and finally get that “good paying” a job.